"let your boat of life be light, packed with only
what you need - a homely home and simple pleasures, someone to love and someone to love you,
enough to eat and enough to wear
and a little more than enough to drink:
for thirst is a dangerous thing"

Monday 19 September 2011

wisdom from john patrick shanley



Sometimes it is not necessary to say too much - my posts have been a tad long of late and I apologise. Time for another 200 word challenge, me thinks.   


I have been going through stuff that I have in a "New York" folder for Kathy and the vdW's who are off to the Big Apple in the next week or so.  I came across this little bit of wonderfulness from John Patrick Shanley, who wrote the screenplay for the movie Moonstruck.  Remember Cher, Olympia Dukakis and Nicolas Cage?  Brooklyn at it's best.  But enough from me, here is some wisdom from JP Shanley, via me to you, for today.  Enjoy.  Perhaps another one to print out and put on the fridge?


Choose Life over the other stuff. Get out of your head. Live. Dress up. Eat. Touch people. Help out. Give up. Love people. Give your best away. There’s more. What’s the problem? Relax. You’re going to die. Throw a party. Eat off my plate. Sing to me. Meet me in the bedroom. Get a massage. Give one. Let your amazement out into the room. Pry open the box you hide your joy in. Be a poem.



Be a poem - I like that.  (A lot).


Thanks JP




No comments:

Post a Comment