"let your boat of life be light, packed with only
what you need - a homely home and simple pleasures, someone to love and someone to love you,
enough to eat and enough to wear
and a little more than enough to drink:
for thirst is a dangerous thing"

Wednesday 29 June 2011

another royal wedding or are the bride's feet cold?

i don't know whether the palace in monaco can sue me for libel - that would be exciting (i have my attorney in the wings).  i have always believed in the statement "no smoke without fire" so what do you think of this report in the huffington post? (and in the cape times this morning). is charlene getting cold feet?  i certainly would not blame her.  in my family i have a reputation for labelling people - prince albert i have always wished would just come out of the closet and confess, forget the bloomin' crown and heir and just lead an honest life.  however, i had to eat my words on this count when it was exposed that he had a "love-child".  i still reserve my right.


the "grimbaldies" have always  fascinated me.  caroline was a year or two older than me and i always envied her celebrity life, the amazing clothes she has always worn, her spare time spent sunbathing on yachts, handsome boyfriends (remember that old dude, phillippe who she married?).  she was and still is lovely.  a really tragic life too with the death of her mother in a suspicious car crash and then her husband in that motorboat accident.



and she now has a new husband (and still hangs out on fancy yachts)

Princess Caroline Princess Caroline of Monaco on holiday with her husband Prince Ernst August of Hanover, their daughter, Alexandra (b. 2000) and Caroline's son Andrea Casiraghi (b. 1984).  As the eldest male child, Caroline's brother Albert is heir to Prince Rainier. However, Monaco's constitution was changed in 2002 so that if Albert dies without children, the throne will pass to Caroline and then on to her children with Stefano Casiraghi.

prince ernst-august with a hangover (sorry of hanover)

her daughter, charlotte is the image of her (i think nic should make friends with her on facebook):-


once again i digress, will the wedding happen?  i am sure it will but will she be happy?  charlene is lovely, sylph and statuesque (nice words hey?) but to me she has a bit of a miserable face and her lips tell a lot about her. tight and puckered (and thin).



below is a quote from jenny crwys-williams who interviewed her on radio 702 in febraury:-

"I thought she was one of the most anxious people I have ever met, she was absolutely terrified of saying the wrong thing and falling foul of the terrible women in the palace. There was a fascinating moment when I asked her to tell me about an amazing blue room in the palace, and she said, 'I don't know if I can talk about it.' I wanted to put my arms around her and tell her it would be all right."

there is a resemblance (very, very slight) between the two but grace wins hands down:-







she was absolutely, stunningly beautiful



 oh my word the youngest princess, stephanie, the years have not been kind to her
(has she been kind to the years?!!)

please don't get me wrong, i will be watching the wedding closely on saturday (just like you).  i can't wait to see what giorgio armani is going to pull out of the bag, what the pink palace is going to look like. just to see caroline and her children will be a bonus for me (do you think charlotte could be a bridesmaid? (probably not - too pretty)).  however i can't help but feel sad at the same time.  i grew up thinking that to be a princess must be the luckiest thing that could ever happen to a young girl.  i have now changed my mind.


(and i hope that the wedding is over before the whistle blows to herald the start of the stormers playing the crusaders at newlands).


1 comment:

  1. did you see tonight's paper - 2 more love-children. who knows what tomorrow will bring!!

    ReplyDelete