"let your boat of life be light, packed with only
what you need - a homely home and simple pleasures, someone to love and someone to love you,
enough to eat and enough to wear
and a little more than enough to drink:
for thirst is a dangerous thing"

Wednesday 24 October 2012

hump day smiles



From the Urban Dictionary 

"Wednesday, or the hump of the week. The absolute BEST day of the week, the day of maximum hope that maybe, you might make it out of this week alive. A particularly good hump day can last you the rest of the week, and by Doomsday morning (Monday) you survive by anticipating hump day. Nothing goes wrong on hump day"

I must say I have a thing for Wednesdays as well.  Hard not to like a Wednesday on a day like today, in Cape Town, when we have our first warm summery day in weeks.  A late summer is a good summer, they say.  I hope so.  I also realised while watering my garden this morning just how much I miss watering the garden through the winter months.  OK, it is not a huge garden but all you fancy-pancy people with automated sprinkler systems are seriously missing out on the best 40 minutes of free therapy you can get (Mike will correct me and say that, judging by our water bill in summer, it is certainly not FREE therapy).  Ok, there are certain irritations like a kink in your hosepipe (not sure why we go through a hosepipe a year, but we do) but overall it is a great start to the day.

I don't have much to waffle about today, so here are a few things to make your smile today a little bit broader.



Taking vertical gardens a bit far?  Note the CA number plate!!






I love this one.  Wish I could draw nicely!!

No comments:

Post a Comment