"let your boat of life be light, packed with only
what you need - a homely home and simple pleasures, someone to love and someone to love you,
enough to eat and enough to wear
and a little more than enough to drink:
for thirst is a dangerous thing"

Monday 27 August 2012

a movie to look out for...

The amazing Meryl Streep is 63.  The Deer Hunter was the first movie of hers that I saw and now when you look through the long list of her wonderful movies there are only a couple that I have not seen, A Cry in the Dark, Death Becomes Her, First do no Harm, Dancing at Lughnasa, Angels in America, Doubt and Iron Lady.  I really could not say which my favourite Meryl movie is, there are so many from Kramer vs Kramer, Sophie's Choice, Silkwood, Out of Africa, Adaptation and I loved her with Robert de Niro in Falling in Love.  Too difficult to choose.

Here are some early pictures of Meryl from Pinterest


I had forgotten that she was in a relationship with John Cazale from The Godfather and he died, I think while they were filming of the Deer Hunter

She met and married Don Gummer in 1978 and has had one of the most successful Hollywood marriages ever.




He looks like a nice man

Meryl at the 2012 Academy Awards: "First I'm going to thank Don, because when you thank your husband at the end of the speech, they play him out with the music and I want him to know that everything I value most in our lives, you've given me."


The Gummer family

Meryl about the secret to a long-lived marriage: "Goodwill and willingness to bend—and to shut up every once in a while. There's no road map on how to raise a family: it's always an enormous negotiation. But I have a holistic need to work and to have huge ties of love in my life. I can't imagine eschewing one for the other."





Don is a successful sculptor and two of their three daughters are actresses. Their son, is a musician



But the reason for the posting is the trailer of her new movie Hope Springs.  OMW - I cannot wait.  I think we need to make a block booking for a girls night out. 

Take a peek!! 


How cute was she?

No comments:

Post a Comment