"let your boat of life be light, packed with only
what you need - a homely home and simple pleasures, someone to love and someone to love you,
enough to eat and enough to wear
and a little more than enough to drink:
for thirst is a dangerous thing"

Tuesday 27 September 2011

cover girl deluxe and who gets my idols vote?


She really is the singer of the moment and I still have not tired of  "Chasing Pavements" and "Someone Like You" even after playing them plentz times over the last couple of months.  All in the lyrics, I say.  She has a wonderful way of putting her amazing words to song.


I was planning a post on "10 things you did not know about me", but as I am a bit of an open book person and I don't keep secrets very well, I was finding it pretty hard to think of 10 things that none of you knew about me.  I have got one or two but that would probably get me censored by my sons!!!  One of the things I thought of was my addiction to Idols - American, English or even our own South African show.  What you probably did not know is that I voted about 1000 times for Heinz Winkler and now I am using Michael's phone (he has more money on his phone than he can ever use) to sms my votes for Dave.  Did any of you see his performance of "Vincent" on Sunday night?  Awesome.  He also did "Streets of Philadelphia" very well.  He, I confess, was not my first choice.  I had been rooting for Mark all season but now that Dave has shown his true colours and stopped the chest banging and jumping, I am his biggest fan.  Thank goodness the little round one was voted off and I can't wait for the final contest between Dave and Mark on Sunday.  


I digress.  Back to Adele.  Suddenly she is on the cover of every magazine and in the latest Fair Lady (weakened and bought it again for the first time in ages) there is a lovely article on her.  Confession - and I bought the Fair Lady Bridal issue (only because we are getting full on into wedding mode - 7 weeks to brother's wedding - exciting times).  She sounds like a lovely, spunky lady and I hope success does not spoil her.  The kind of girl I would love to have a girls boozy lunch with and hear all her stories and, in particular, all about this dude who ditched her, married someone else and whether she did indeed "turn up out of the blue uninvited" - I love her style.  I also was hoping that she was not turning up uninvited to his wedding.  But maybe she did.  She could do things like that.  The dude must be kicking himself for what he has missed out on.
I like her more and more



You’d know how the time flies.
Only yesterday was the time of our lives.

We were born and raised in a summery haze.
Bound by the surprise of our glory days.



Here is another article I found online (sorry forgot where) if any of you are wanting to know the truth about those eyelashes:-


Changing the subject totally, which beauty products do you swear by?
Because I wear a lot of make-up when I’m working I like to use skin food by Weleda because I feel really replenished when I do. My skin feels back to life and not caked in foundation. I’m also obsessed with lip balms and I use loads of different makes. I’ve got about ten on the go at one time. I love Chanel make-up, and perfume wise I wear Christian Dior’s Hypnotic Poison.

And you also love false eyelashes from the looks of things?

Oh yes, I love Shu Uemura and MAC eyelashes. I like to look like a drag queen. I’ve never had those eyelash extensions you can get though. My mum has them and she wakes up in the morning looking like she’s hungover because they’re all bent! I can’t maintain my eyelashes myself so I need someone to do them for me and false ones work on me. Shakira looks amazing with her big eyelashes and no other make-up, but I don’t think I could get away with that look. I like false lashes and plenty of eye make up.
Who are your beauty icons?
I think Fearne Cotton always looks really beautiful and really fresh and like she hasn’t make much of an effort. She looks like she’s just rolled out of bed looking that amazing. I can’t do that – I need a lot of prep – but she’s naturally lovely. Halle Berry always looks pretty nice too, and Queen Latifa has got the most amazing skin ever. She actually looks better without make-up than with it.



Tonight on Top Billing (yes, I watch that too, when I remember) there was a bit on 85 year old Tony Bennett.  Wow, he can still sing and I am off to buy his new Duets II CD.  He sings with Michael Buble, kd lang (how does she get away with small letters?), John Mayer, Norah Jones, and Amy Winehouse (and others).  They had a snippet of Tony and Amy singing together and it is just so sad to have been around to witness her self-destruction.  And how sad that the CD is being released and she is not here.  Frank Sinatra's Duets CD's are up there with my favourites so I can't wait to listen to this new one from Mr Bennett.

And I can't wait for Sunday - it is going to be great to watch and enjoy both artists and to be able to vote on their performances on the night.





No comments:

Post a Comment