"let your boat of life be light, packed with only
what you need - a homely home and simple pleasures, someone to love and someone to love you,
enough to eat and enough to wear
and a little more than enough to drink:
for thirst is a dangerous thing"

Tuesday 3 July 2012

my thoughts for today

Five years ago today
Nicky died

Her daughter sent me this picture a while ago
It is my screensaver

Everytime I look at it, it gives me a feeling of peace

It grounds me and makes me realise that none of us knows what lies
ahead for us

Nicky loved the sea
and watching her in the waves
looking into the distance
makes me remember how good and wise she was
and makes me wonder 
what she was thinking as she looked out 
towards the horizon
and I know that I will never stop missing
this very special friend


No comments:

Post a Comment