"let your boat of life be light, packed with only
what you need - a homely home and simple pleasures, someone to love and someone to love you,
enough to eat and enough to wear
and a little more than enough to drink:
for thirst is a dangerous thing"

Tuesday 6 March 2012

the allure of tiffany blue

I have never received a small turquoise box with a white ribbon.  Don't get me wrong, I am not envious or feel that I am missing out, mainly because I am not a jewelry person (and don't really expect expensive gifts (not that I would not welcome them and be grateful for them, if I did get them)).  I do, however, have a box in my garage (a Tiffany box) - quite a large box too (which I think contained a set of champagne glasses).  I know the box came via Kathy (but I don't think she has Tiffany champagne flutes unless they are hidden away for special guests (and wrapped in velvet)).  We used as a gift box for friends at a party to pop their contributions to the birthday gift into.  It was roughly turned into a post box and has a jagged cut in the top but somehow I have never thrown it away (although I have tried) and it is probably the closest I will come to possessing a blue box of my own.
 

Audrey in "Breakfast at Tiffany's"

Did you know that Tiffany's does not have a restaurant and does not serve breakfast?  For those of you who have not seen the movie and are always lusting after a "breakfast at Tiffany's", as in the picture above, Audrey ate her breakfast on the pavement outside Tiffany's.  Just a bit of trivia for you.

Over the last couple of weeks my eye has picked up on lots of Tiffany blue in all kinds of ways and I even came unbearably close to buying myself a pair of shoes in the exact hue of blue.  Luckily sense prevailed as they would have probably collected dust in my cupboard until Amy claimed them from me.  Here are some pictures that I am sure you will love too.  Thanks to Pinterest
soft
A dress for Amy
Tiffany Blue Wedding
The wedding invitation
Tiffany
Tiffany's New York
Jeff and Erin
Tiffany blue wedding table setting styled by Mel H
The table
tiffany blue
Another table
Tiffany blue wedding cake
The cake
Macaroons
I have a fascination with doors.
A door
slightly muted tiffany blue
Another door
Hello Tiffany Blue ;)
A kitchen
kitchen with tiffany blue accents
OMW another kitchen

vintage stove. Gorgeous!!
A stove for the kitchen
A corner in the kitchen
Pretty #porch
The porch
I want to read here!!
The drawing room

Bedrooms
A bedroom
bedrooms
and another

Bathtime?
map
Music?
Love

Classy.

.
Grandchild?
,

turquoise and coral
With a bit of coral
I love coral and turquoise together!

Turquoise Shoes....must have in my life.
Going to buy them!!
Jenny in her blue suede shoes
Deary me!!
turquoise shoes
Better than Jenny in these!!
Beverage Photography, Splash, Drink, Souders Studios

Cheers!!

2 comments: