"let your boat of life be light, packed with only
what you need - a homely home and simple pleasures, someone to love and someone to love you,
enough to eat and enough to wear
and a little more than enough to drink:
for thirst is a dangerous thing"

Monday 12 September 2011

for the girls



With Spring here I thought this little graph (? what do you call it?) below was very clever.  However, I have developed a rash on my leg (Dalene is convinced it is the horse shampoo I have been recommending - by the way, that very same shampoo is only R53.99 at Dischem - forget the Petvet stores).  It is not the shampoo because I am not an allergic person.  About 2 months ago I cut my shin on a rusty pole (through my jeans).  It took ages to heal (confession - because I would not let it) and now there is a rash around the original site and the rash is growing - rapidly.  I even took myself off to the doctor who has given me some very expensive cream (which does not really seem to be working).  It is not so red anymore but now even more itchy and I think I may be allergic to the very expensive ointment.  Oh well..........  Anyway this is pretty amusing since the weather is warming up.  I phoned Dalene the other day when the mercury rose to 30 degrees.  She could not come to the phone because she was "veeting" her legs and painting her toes.  Sorry for her but the next day it was back to long socks and boots - that is Cape Town for you (and what a waste of the Veet).








Then a couple of funnies:-






One of the advantages of the menopause is that you don't have to practice "Safe Sex" anymore:-




But this is one is priceless:-



Another good one (but shoot the cheeky graffiti artist):-





And to finish off some wise words for a Monday:-

I am off home now.  I have some my favourite young lady friends coming around for some drinks and eats.  Tori is in Cape Town for a short while and I can't wait to see her and hear her stories.  

No comments:

Post a Comment