"let your boat of life be light, packed with only
what you need - a homely home and simple pleasures, someone to love and someone to love you,
enough to eat and enough to wear
and a little more than enough to drink:
for thirst is a dangerous thing"

Sunday 21 October 2012

just saying...

I was thinking about all the little things in my daily life that give me pleasure, some are silly but all of them are the simple things that don't cost much at all and more often than not, nothing. 

So here are the small pleasures that my day today brought:-



my first cup of hot tea; damp, dewy morning grass on bare feet; the first squeeze of a new tube of toothpaste; the smell of lemongrass: the smell of the tar on the road as it warms after the rain; the Weekend Argus (to myself) with a second cup of tea;


the smell of butter melting in the pan; playing Masterchef in my own kitchen; listening to my 92 year old mother-in-law reciting poems in a Cockney accent;











setting the outside table and taking pictures of bottles of wine (and food); freshly washed sheets and towels (just the best, if I were rich I would love to have clean sheets, pillowcases and towels (all white) everyday - I remember Oprah confessing to this being one of her indulgences);


Sunday night leftovers for supper; nothing tempting to watch on television, so off to bed with my book but first, a hot shower with my lemongrass soap, a squeeze on a "new this morning" tube of toothpaste and into my bed and the freshly laundered sheets. 

Such is the simplicity of the circle of life!!



No comments:

Post a Comment