"let your boat of life be light, packed with only
what you need - a homely home and simple pleasures, someone to love and someone to love you,
enough to eat and enough to wear
and a little more than enough to drink:
for thirst is a dangerous thing"

Tuesday 2 October 2012

i never win anything...

OK maybe once or twice I have won something but nothing terribly remarkable or memorable.  Then again, I am not a big enterer of competitions, so what do you expect?  Yesterday my cell phone rang at work.  One of those "unknown numbers" which I have become quite good at terminating without a second glance.  However, I have quite a lot going on at the moment, a couple of contractors to give me quotes, an insurance claim for Nic's stolen car (anyone know of a cheap and not so nasty car for sale?), so I thought I had better answer the call.

"Hello,is that Jennifer Kotze?".  Here we go, getting ready to give her the "Sorry I am at my desk and I am not allowed to take these calls" blurb, when she says, "This is Susan from the People's Post about the competition you entered".  Immediately I knew it was for the couple of sms's I had sent in for their "Celtic Woman" competition.  

I had investigated the prices of the concert when I heard they were coming to Cape Town as Michael loves the choir singing vibe.  However, the prices were a bit steep (for a choir) and for something that you can really listen to on a CD.  Gill has two of their CD's and at Christmas time she had brought them into office.  Lovely relaxing and tranquil stuff.

So tonight we are off to the theatre at Grand West to see these lovely Irish ladies sing.   How cool is that?
They sing a wonderful version of Panis Angelicus which I wonder whether they will perform tonight? I hope so, or is it reserved for Christmas?  Not sure. This certainly won't be a concert where I will be singing along!!

However, no one in the world could do a better version of Panis Angelicus than Pavarotti and Sting.  Whatusay?




Come on then, I know you want to sing along!!

Panis angelicus
Fit panis hominum
Dat panis coelicus
Figuris terminum
O res mirabilis


Manducat Dominum
Pauper, pauper
Servus et humilis
Pauper, pauper
Servus et humilis


Panis angelicus
Fit panis hominum
Dat panis coelicus
Figuris terminum
O res mirabilis


Manducat Dominum
Pauper, pauper
Servus et humilis
Pauper, pauper
Servus, servus et humilis











No comments:

Post a Comment