"let your boat of life be light, packed with only
what you need - a homely home and simple pleasures, someone to love and someone to love you,
enough to eat and enough to wear
and a little more than enough to drink:
for thirst is a dangerous thing"

Thursday 11 October 2012

a night at the theatre

Last night we went to the Fugard Theatre.  I am a tad embarrassed to admit to having never been there before or even to knowing where about in town it was (Cnr. Harrington and Caledon Street - close to the Diaz Tavern).  Ellen had booked tickets to see Karen Zoid and Zolani from Freshlyground in the first of only two performances (both sold out).  What an awesome venue in an old warehouse (Sacks Futeron Building).  The front of the building on Caledon Street is the renovated Congregational Church (I told you I would do some homework, Ellen).


Old school seats

It was a great show.  I had never heard Karen Zoid perform live before although I have heard some of her more popular music.  They were a great combination.  Zolani must have one of the most beautiful female voices around and it was great to hear them unplugged with two brilliant guys on guitars and vocals (Karen is a pretty mean guitarist as well).

A lovely evening in a wonderful theatre and a mix match of songs and harmonies ranging from Lady Gaga to "You'll never walk alone".

Talking of theatres I need to let you all know that a talented friend of mine, Wendy Goddard, is directing Calendar Girls at the Masque Theatre starting next month.  Booking will be opening shortly. Let me know if you are keen and I can make a block booking.  What about a Sunday matinee on 11th or 18th November?  Speak to me!!


No comments:

Post a Comment