"let your boat of life be light, packed with only
what you need - a homely home and simple pleasures, someone to love and someone to love you,
enough to eat and enough to wear
and a little more than enough to drink:
for thirst is a dangerous thing"

Monday 20 August 2012

tips for single girls

1938 - these were the rules:-
"keep your allure"
I love his "leering" look
The look of "disgust", you would think she had just blown her nose 
on his hankerchief
"...be alert"
"careless women" - What is a careless women?
(I have heard of a careless spelling mistake)
 "for when a man dances he wants to dance"
(Inability to multi-task is obviously not a recent defective gene)
"it annoys him very much..."
Do not annoy
"embarrasses or humiliates him"
He looks humiliated
Has she taken his hankerchief again?
Heaven forbid
"...but most get silly"
"....deserve, desire your entire attention"
(I love the set of his jaw)

How funny.  She is getting crossed out of his "little black book" and "the headwaiter" cannot control his glee.


My one grandmother could have written these rules and the other would have broken every one.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for that! Now hopefully if I start following those, I may just end up with a husband before I turn 60! :)

    ReplyDelete