"let your boat of life be light, packed with only
what you need - a homely home and simple pleasures, someone to love and someone to love you,
enough to eat and enough to wear
and a little more than enough to drink:
for thirst is a dangerous thing"

Tuesday 7 August 2012

smile for the day...it's on me

A couple of years ago when "Bing" (the search engine from Microsoft) was launched, I made a mistake that I have not been allowed to forget.  I was so impressed with this new way of "googling" that I sent an email to my brother (who is an IT boffin) and Gareth asking if they had tried it.  My email went along the lines of "I just love "Bing" and have deleted "Google" - try it!!

That little line sent in an innocent email to two of the people closest to me has given them so much mileage and pleasure that I am so over even being embarrassed by it.

Today when I was flitting through Twitter, I had to chuckle to myself.  I opened a Twitter account because I love that little blue bird on my Blackberry and every now and then I click on it to see what is happening (or where my sons are).  This is not stalking (as such).  I am terrified of Twitter and only once was brave enough to frame something that I thought was quite funny and I sent it.  I did not do it properly and that clever line of 140 odd characters is still floating about in cyberspace, addressed to no-one.  The problem is I don't have any followers but I follow about 11 people - Helen Zille, Gareth, Nic, Matthew, Jambles (because he always knows the rugby scores), Nick Faldo, Robbie Williams, Alan Davies (I have a wee crush on him), Sheryl Calder and Griquas Rugby.  So it is really a little game for me and you will understand when I found this little message today, why I had a chuckle.  Gareth really cracks me up:-

Gareth Rosslee ‏@GarethRosslee

This reminds me of my Mom who was so happy with Bing (don't ask) that she told us, "I deleted Google".

And his "tweet" was in relation to this picture.  



Now I am probably about to be banned from "following" Gareth but my reasoning is when they see that I am now making fun of myself, they may let up on the "my Mom deleted Google" jokes and "let me be".

For any mother who shares HER computer with her children, she will appreciate this - the screen savers that change, the passwords that get deleted every time they visit and the weird Google logo that suddenly "change"



Have you seen the Google Hurdler?  I think this change is what prompted the joke today.
PS.  Jambles, don't worry, I don't really follow you but for some reason sometimes (only sometimes) I can see what you are saying.  (This is a test)

No comments:

Post a Comment