"let your boat of life be light, packed with only
what you need - a homely home and simple pleasures, someone to love and someone to love you,
enough to eat and enough to wear
and a little more than enough to drink:
for thirst is a dangerous thing"

Monday 13 August 2012

life after the olympics...

Monday is all but over - as are the Olympics.  Well done Great Britain!!  I did not see the Closing Ceremony last night (because there was PGA golf on) but caught most of it this evening.  What a spectacle!!  The return of the Spice Girls, lip synced to perfection and good old Victoria - who gets richer and richer and thinner and thinner - and has now forgotten where the muscles are that she needs to use to smile are.  The other 3 looked so bouncy and happy and she was misery personified (that after all her new seasons range of outfits were modelled on the ramp).  Poor David, I can't help but feel sorry for him but strangely enough he seems amazingly content with her.  Roger Daltry came out of the woodwork (where has be been?) and was pretty good compared to some of the stars they brought out for a dusting at the Jubilee.  In the bit I saw there was no Cliff Richard or Grace Jones and hopefully I did not (or thank goodness I did) miss them.

Now what do we watch on television?  (No question or doubt for Michael - he is watching the replay of the golf he watched until 1 o'clock this morning, tonight and applauding every shot (for the second time) of Rory McIlroy's).

To be honest, I had something different lined up for a blog post this evening.  A couple of those Pinterest pretty words in pretty font quotes, sayings and jokes.  Some are cheesy, some embarrassingly so, but some I do enjoy and thought you would too.

Then things changed (thanks to Elne).  As I was about to push "publish" this evening, I saw this, which she had posted on Facebook.
So, with my tail between my legs, I am not going to post them (well not today, anyway).

OK, only one.


No comments:

Post a Comment