"let your boat of life be light, packed with only
what you need - a homely home and simple pleasures, someone to love and someone to love you,
enough to eat and enough to wear
and a little more than enough to drink:
for thirst is a dangerous thing"

Wednesday 23 May 2012

time for winter pj's?

This got me chuckling today.  For two reasons.  The first reason is that last night I took out some winter pj pants (I have about 4 pairs (which I never wear)) and a long sleeved t-shirt, thinking that as it was a bit chilly and I wanted to watch some television the new ensemble (lovely word) would look better than my usual big sleep t-shirt (of which I have 2 - one pink, one blue).  You have to see them to believe it.  Perhaps I will take a picture for you (I did, see below).   However last night, once I got into bed and tossed and turned a couple of times, unable to get comfortable, I jumped out of bed in anger (and irritation) and started peeling off the new ensemble, much to Michael's amusement (and probably worry).  He knows better than to be amused for any other reason!!  I just cannot sleep in pj pants.  Probably because I am so restless.  The pants do not move at the same speed as I do and I end up with a wedgie and the waistband so tight around my non-existent waist that I have marks around my middle that look like a liquorice twister (but not black).  (Not the best description but you get my drift).

Anyway the other reason I found this sketch amusing was that the glasses that the super cool chick above is wearing are almost the same as my new prescription multi-focal glasses that I collected on the weekend.  I now have one (not three) pair of glasses which I can use for reading, the computer and to watch television and rugby.  The lenses are taking a bit of getting used to and my head and nose bobs up and down a whole lot more than before but it is wonderful to not have to be running around and scratching in my bag for the appropriate set of glasses for the occasion.
My most favourite sleep shirt of all time.  I bought the two of them in the lane between Cavendish and The Link about 7 years ago (for R15 each) and have probably worn them every night since then (4 days blue, 2 days pink - it is not as soft).  Winter and Summer. Autumn and Spring. Winter accessories are to add a pair of stripey rugby socks to sleep in and a fluffy gown when I get up.
The new glasses

I love it when you find the right picture for the right posting at the right time.  Have you taken out your winter jarmies yet?



No comments:

Post a Comment