"let your boat of life be light, packed with only
what you need - a homely home and simple pleasures, someone to love and someone to love you,
enough to eat and enough to wear
and a little more than enough to drink:
for thirst is a dangerous thing"

Tuesday 8 May 2012

it's not belgium but it is tuesday

After yesterdays blog with the song "Now you're just somebody that I used to know" I found this very funny.
Then the "you're" got me going:-
I had a very strict teacher at junior school who explained very well about the ' taking the place of a letter, so I never struggle with you're or aren't or weren't.  She was obviously not so good on choose and chose and loose and lose.


OK, sorry if I have offended anyone - my mother is very busy playing in a national bowls competition, so I should be off the hook there.  Off to watch Masterchef.   Till tomorrow........  

1 comment:

  1. There's a missing comma in that last one, BUT thank you so much for this. I AM a grammar Nazi. Call me the Albert Speer of Grammar.

    Ooh, Masterchef? I'm liking you even more!

    Kat

    ReplyDelete