"let your boat of life be light, packed with only
what you need - a homely home and simple pleasures, someone to love and someone to love you,
enough to eat and enough to wear
and a little more than enough to drink:
for thirst is a dangerous thing"

Thursday 17 May 2012

thursday things

A mix match of stuff from a week that, once again, has flown by at break-neck speed.  Here are  a few things that have caught my eye and made me smile:-

Simple, subtle and striking
Another awesome autumn "afternoon" (needed the "a").  It was evening.  It was last night.
(from my postbox)

A lovely song from a very under-rated movie.  Have you seen Once?  Not a new movie and in your local video shop. You won't be sorry and it has a wonderful soundtrack.

And then a smile.  When I "catch" Cyanide and Happiness, I really do "catch" it and am really tickled by it (but I very often don't "catch" them).


Like this one, I don't get:-


Do you?

Sorry this is a bit of a lazy posting.  It has been a very busy week and things have started running away from me. Caroline had a birthday (a big birthday) yesterday and is having a party on Saturday night.  So the week has been filled with dinner parties, shopping trips, visits to the dentist,  getting some decor ideas and crafts together for the "Black and Gold" theme on Saturday night and a lovely evening at Royale in Long Street last night.

And then tomorrow is Friday.  I have butterflies in my stomach already.  Matthew is playing in the Vodacom  Cup final in Kimberley tomorrow night.  A Griquas / Western Province final and he is playing against 3 of his best friends - Marcel Brache, Nick Fenton-Wells and Nic Groom.  Half of me wants to throw a big party, drink wine and have a whole crowd around for a meal while we watch the rugby but then the other half just wants 
to sit 
quietly on the couch 
alone with my butterflies
Go Griquas!!
Go Matthew!!




No comments:

Post a Comment