"let your boat of life be light, packed with only
what you need - a homely home and simple pleasures, someone to love and someone to love you,
enough to eat and enough to wear
and a little more than enough to drink:
for thirst is a dangerous thing"

Sunday 6 May 2012

my date with nic and bielle

A little game for a Sunday night.  What story do you make from the title of this post and the pictures?  No words for now.











No words necessary (but not really my style). You know me better than that, don't you?  Very difficult for me to not say something or expand a bit on the photographs.  I have been messing around for 2 days with all kinds of obscure blog posts.  I think that if I published any of them tonight, you may become seriously worried about me (so I will save them for during the week) and then you can become seriously worried about me!!


So back to the pictures.  On Thursday night I was invited to Bielle's lovely new digs in Woodstock.  I had a tour of the premises, we had a drink and then headed to Woodland's Eatery (where Bielle waitresses a couple of nights a week) for supper.  Nic has been raving about this place in Deer Park Road, Vredehoek and the pizzas were truly amazing.  The owner, Larry is a hoot (he and his wife are previously from Emily Moon in Plettenberg Bay) and the decor alone is worth the visit but don't let me take anything away from the pizzas.  Brilliant. (I have subsequently heard that they have a chocolate fondant dessert that you should not be allowed to leave the restaurant without experiencing - not that I need a reason to return).


We enjoyed our meal and some banter with the owner and other waiters, after which the two of them dragged me off (by the hair screaming "No, No, No") to The Power and the Glory in Kloof Street for a "night cap".   Two new trendy places (that I had never been to) on a Thursday night in Cape Town!!  Surprisingly I did not feel too out of place because there were a few (okay 3 excluding me) krinklies there (the one was dressed top to tail in leathers and drove a Vespa, another an ageing hippy (who doubled as the taxi-driver with a 1988 Merc parked on the pavement) and the third the bouncer!!).  You can stand and drink outside as long as you put your drink down between sips on the bar counter which runs along the window.  We managed to get a table inside and they served the best glass of "house wine" I have ever had.  I sat sipping on my white wine watching while Nic and/or Bielle seemed to know every second person entering the bar/bakery.  Nice place - great wine.


It was a fun night out and it was a great way to spend a chilly Thursday night with two of my favourite people.



No comments:

Post a Comment