"let your boat of life be light, packed with only
what you need - a homely home and simple pleasures, someone to love and someone to love you,
enough to eat and enough to wear
and a little more than enough to drink:
for thirst is a dangerous thing"

Thursday 3 November 2011

sometimes clever is not enough

My fascination with Pinterest leads me down some wonderful paths.  Please take a look at this clever invention.  Why has it not taken off?


The Nubrella.  Hands free and wind proof, no problem with poking people's eyes out and it could last a whole lot longer than one violent Cape storm.  So why are they not all over the shops?  I certainly have not seen one, ever.  


Pinned Image


Is it is because people are scared of being different?  It took a bit of time for cricket helmets to be cool and then they became compulsory.   Poor cyclists are in for a dig all the time with the apparel that they wear.  A certain very popular Cape Town blogger takes delight in printing photographs of "Prawns" if they dare to step inside a coffee shop or supermarket with their helmets on.  It does not offend me, I am mildly amused by "men in tights" and realise how bad their hair must look after being under that helmet on Ou Kaapse Weg on a Sunday morning.






So you can have a brilliant invention but how do you get it to catch on?  You probably have to employ cool people to use it.  Would you walk around town with a Nubrella?  Me, neither.

A few more photographs of clever things:-
Pinned Image


Pinned Image

From Amazon

Pinned Image
Playing with food?
Pinned Image
Your jewels inside your mirror.
Pinned Image
A place for Rover but note the water bowl.  Why didn't they think of this?
Pinned Image
Silly.  Don't you kick Rover's water bowl more than you kick him?  I do (and I don't have a Rover) but Sam visits me often (Amy and Kelly's dog) and Kelly has the habit of placing my lovely chinese china bowls on the floor for Sam (a thirsty hot dog).  He is not really a dog-dog.  One of those long, yappy dogs.

Pinned Image
Would it be rude if I put one of these on my front gate?

But I would really love one of these for my front door.
Pinned Image
So would Matthew and he is coming home tomorrow - Yeah!!!



Please vote

SA Blog 
Awards Badge


No comments:

Post a Comment