"let your boat of life be light, packed with only
what you need - a homely home and simple pleasures, someone to love and someone to love you,
enough to eat and enough to wear
and a little more than enough to drink:
for thirst is a dangerous thing"

Thursday 17 November 2011

gifts, candles and pictures

Now that all the wedding planning and preparations are over (there is still plenty clearing, untangling and folding to do) and while I wait for the photographs, I have been taking a look through my notes and pictures and I have had a few other things to share.  Sorry I am not purposefully holding out on you on more wedding stuff but the honeymooners are heading off for a couple of days and I am only probably going to see photographs on Monday.  Michael and I are also heading off this weekend to Hermanus.  He to play golf (Walker Bay Classic - Saturday and Sunday!!) and me to recharge, read, walk on the beach, drink wine and catch up with friends.

Here are a few treasures that I discovered while shopping and sourcing wedding stuff:-

Peggy Saxon and Anne Herringer, former owners of Peggy's Place and Plate Hire have now opened a gift shop from Peggy's home in Kenilworth.  Gifts Extraordinaire.  I was a tad nervous on my first visit because you never know what to expect and I can get awkward when things are too expensive and I am the only customer.  But no one can be awkward around Peggy and the prices are good.  They have a wonderful selection of gifts in all price ranges and I had a great time looking around and being entertained by Peggy.  She offered me great advice on sizes of table cloths and where to buy candles.  A mine of information.

Stunning glassware
Silverware
Lots of different Christmas ideas



These wine barrel bread and cheese boards at really good prices
Lovely gifts for new babies (even some tutu's from Ruby Olive)
Peggy also told me about The Candle Factory Shop.  In Maitland, stunning shop with all kinds of candles, vases and serviettes.  Worth a trip. I got all the candles and vases from there at excellent prices.  They have amazing coloured tea-light holders, fairy lights and every type of candle that has ever been made (and in every colour you desire).

Give Peggy a call on 083 658 1156 and arrange to pop in (you will also be offered tea).  I know for sure she is open every Wednesday morning.  I should be a good blogger and look up the address for you but it is in the road (cul-de-sac) directly behind Borusso's (and Dejavu) in Kenilworth.  Phone her first though, she would love to hear from you.

Off to pack now - we hope to leave at lunchtime tomorrow.  

I have re-checked on Facebook and have found a couple more pictures. 
Pretty sisters
 Crazy ladies
 Colonel Rutherford and Amykins 
Mother of the bride and groom, sister of the groom with Chippendale's
That's a niaaace one!!
Matt wearing Carducci and Amy in a Marianne Fassler original
(joking about Matt, not Amy)

Sorry Aunty Norma, this is going to run into 5 episodes.

Enjoy the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment