"let your boat of life be light, packed with only
what you need - a homely home and simple pleasures, someone to love and someone to love you,
enough to eat and enough to wear
and a little more than enough to drink:
for thirst is a dangerous thing"

Tuesday 22 November 2011

a cover version for a tuesday


Pinned Image
This is thanks to Matthew who confessed to having the Dolly Parton version of this song on his iPod.  I think (hope) he was joking but with Matt you never know. Besides which I have now busted myself for stalking him on Twitter (otherwise how would I ever know what music he has on his iPod) or about this lovely cover version of a pretty average song.

I really don't understand Twitter that well (besides being able to click on Gareth's twitter feed on his blog).  Gareth is lucky that it does not mean much to me.   Why he allows Gary Player to be his tweet mate, how 
1 962 follow him and his one-liners is pretty crazy.  Twitter is far too condensed for me to be able to enjoy it.  You know how hard it is for me to get down to composing a 200 word challenge - with Twitter you only have 140 letters (or characters).  Twitter is a "short burst of inconsequential information" or "chirps from birds".  Not my style, so don't worry chaps.

I have been forced to use my Blackberry (my other old faithful is still missing in action) and it is pretty easy to subscribe to all these new applications that I have on the phone, Twitter being one of them.  I know how to send a "voice note" (thanks Dee), I know how to press the space bar twice for a full stop (thanks Kelly) and how to hold the letter down longer for a capital letter (thanks Amy).  This was after complaining and composing a letter to Blackberry that their "alt" key and "capital alt" keys are in the wrong place and should be swapped around.  Why don't they consult menopausal woman for their input before developing a new product?  Actually, why didn't I refer my problem to Amy and Kelly before I complained - it probably works both ways.  So now my only problem is not having any numbers (please send me an sms with your number so that I can save it).  

While waiting for wedding pictures, perhaps you will enjoy this version of a pretty awful Dolly Parton / Kenny Rogers / Bee Gees song.  I like this version much better.  Thanks @MattRosslee #hashtag.com. 


No comments:

Post a Comment