"let your boat of life be light, packed with only
what you need - a homely home and simple pleasures, someone to love and someone to love you,
enough to eat and enough to wear
and a little more than enough to drink:
for thirst is a dangerous thing"

Thursday 6 October 2011

sticky and sniffy and off to bed

Sorry it has been a busy week and I know I have a couple of nervous ladies waiting for the autopsy of a very fun night which we had last night.  I have downloaded the pictures, found the song and you will just have to wait until tomorrow for the Tale of the Lady in the Pink Jacket.  You won't be sorry.  I am also hoping that other followers (and not just the 8 of us who were there) will also find the story entertaining and it won't be one of those "you had to be there" stories.

It was really hot today and one of those days where I wore too warm clothes and closed shoes.  I planned to head out at lunchtime today to do some chores but the heat as I opened the door put me off.  Michael and I then went shopping after work and had one of those end of the day times that you don't really need, standing in the awful Game store at Kenilworth Centre waiting for them to find a television set for us, check the TV licence (one of the  many joys of being married to Michael - we have a TV licence "it's the right thing to do") and then pay for it.  All worth it though, we have a 40" Samsung, HD, LED, 5 Series flat screen television set.  It took Harold and Maud about an hour to assemble the stand and the only picture we now have is a very clear, black and white sport channel about Jack Nicklaus with soccer commentary in the background.  Don't know what I have done but I have given up and will call Lester the TV magician tomorrow.  It looks great and I can't wait to watch England christen the set with an astounding win on it in high definition, colour and correct sound on Saturday morning.

Smart hey?

Last night ended up being a really late night and I did not sleep that well so I am off to bed and will give you a full update on our Coldplay adventure tour tomorrow. 

Pinned Image

I really was off to bed and now one thing leads me on to another.  Gareth and Nic are going to help me re-do my blog.  I set it up in a hurry, did not think about a proper name and basically just started posting stuff without much thought.  I would like to change things and make it more user friendly.  They both have great ideas which they throw at me (and then they leave).  I started thinking of a new name and the words from an old CD "God Shuffled his Feet" by the Crash Test Dummies keeps coming into my mind - "Afternoons and Coffee Spoons".  I re-listened to the song and then read through the lyrics and I realised that unlike the above (excuse the spelling of pyjamas) wearing pyjamas in the daytime in this song is not for a good reason.  I had thought that "Pyjamas in the Daytime" could work as a title, but now maybe not.  Any ideas?

What is it that makes me just a little bit queasy?
There´s a breeze that makes my breathing not so easy
I´ve had my lungs checked out with X rays
I´ve smelled the hospital hallways

Someday I´ll have a disappearing hairline
Someday I´ll wear pyjamas in the daytime

Times when the day is like a play by Sartre
When it seems a bookburning´s in perfect order
I gave the doctor my description
I´ve tried to stick my prescriptions

Someday I´ll have a disappearing hairline
Someday I´ll wear pyjamas in the daytime

Afternoons will be measured out
Measured out, measured with
Coffeespoons and T.S. Eliot

Maybe if I could do a play-by playback
I could change the test results that I will get back
I´ve watched the summer evenings pass by
I´ve heard the rattle in my bronchi...

Someday I´ll have a disappearing hairline
Someday I´ll wear pyjamas in the daytime

Afternoons will be measured out
Measured out, measured with
Coffeespoons and T.S. Eliot (2x)

I'm really off now - Sleep tight!!

No comments:

Post a Comment