"let your boat of life be light, packed with only
what you need - a homely home and simple pleasures, someone to love and someone to love you,
enough to eat and enough to wear
and a little more than enough to drink:
for thirst is a dangerous thing"

Tuesday 4 October 2011

it's october - wear the pink ribbon

200 word challenge



Yesterday was mammogram day.  I have been good about it since I turned 50.  I am familiar with the procedure and, although not pleasant, it is not that bad.  However, there is that awfully vulnerable feeling you have when you are left alone in the X-Ray room while they "take a look".  Every year I forget my glasses in the cubicle so I cannot sit and read their odd selection of ancient magazines.  Getaway, Glamour and always one glossy SA Airways free magazine. Weird choice. Getaway, I reckon to take your mind off worrying about the news you are waiting for and Glamour, for goodness sake, is a magazine for teenagers about which coverstick is best. 

The radiographer returned with, what I thought was, a grave face and said they wanted to do an ultrasound.  It was the same last year so I was not terribly concerned. Still, so many thoughts flashed through my mind as they smeared that wonderful warm gel on my breasts.

Everything was fine. Back in the cubicle I said a quick prayer of thanks for my result and a prayer for the healing of my friends who have not been so lucky.

(197 words)
Pinned Image


Pinned Image
Pinned Image

No comments:

Post a Comment