"let your boat of life be light, packed with only
what you need - a homely home and simple pleasures, someone to love and someone to love you,
enough to eat and enough to wear
and a little more than enough to drink:
for thirst is a dangerous thing"

Friday 16 March 2012

peter pan

I cannot believe it is Friday again.  Another week that has sped past at a hectic pace.  It has been a busy week but not without fun.  Two birthdays parties for little girls which got me searching, once again, for my feminine side. Not easy, because for me earrings (and sometimes lipstick) are about as feminine as I get.  If you don't like pink, how do you shop for little girls?  How much pink can one little girl surround herself with? (Ask Amy).  So it was off to the bookshop for me. Never a quick trip. Once again I discovered some of the lessons that went way over my head as a child and then the guilt because I do not remember ever reading classics like Peter Pan or the Water Babies to my children.  Like so many of the books from our childhood perhaps they are only supposed to come back into our lives when we are grandparents (should I ever be so lucky).  I ended up buying each little fairy a couple of my favourite Milly Molly Mandy books and immediately realised that they will probably think "weird books" but Aunt Jenny is a bit weird anyway.  I also bought another edition of Peter Pan for myself. 
<3
Beautiful

Peter Pan: There oughta be a fairy for every girl and boy.

Wendy: Oughta be? Isn't there?
Peter Pan: Oh, no. Children know such a lot now. Soon they don't believe. And every time a child says I don't believe in fairies, there's a fairy someplace that falls down dead.
(hectic Peter)
Fairies

You see, when the first baby laughed for the first time,
its laugh broke into a thousand pieces, and they all went skipping about,
and that was the beginning of fairies
Peter Pan
(much better Peter)
<3 Peter Pan.  
Wise guy Peter Pan!!

I have been in a bit of a fairy mood lately (gracious me, more feminine than I think) and have only just realised this.  I am busy reading a very interesting book - I took it with me on holiday to Salt Rock and am savouring it by restricting myself to a couple of pages at a time.  It is the kind of book that is better to read slowly.

 

A bit about it:-

"The Good Fairies of New York is an award winning novel by science fiction writer Martin Millar. This novel is about a group of fairies who, after a night of drinking, find themselves in New York City with no clue how they got there or how to get home. Two of the fairies befriend humans, but their attempts to help their new friends causes tension among the various groups of fairies living in New York, culminating in a street brawl. At the same time, among the other fairies transporter to New York are the young children of the Cornwall king who are the only hope of a group of rebels who disagree with the king's decision to allow Magris, his magician, to turn their peaceful country into an industrial nation. This battle comes to New York, bringing to Central Park a battle between a Cornwall army and the disorganized, disgruntled...

More here

Crazy thing when I start writing and things just tie in together.  I love it when that happens.  Have a great weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment