"let your boat of life be light, packed with only
what you need - a homely home and simple pleasures, someone to love and someone to love you,
enough to eat and enough to wear
and a little more than enough to drink:
for thirst is a dangerous thing"

Wednesday 13 July 2011

an unexpected inheritance

Aluminium 'Tala Cook's Measure'

I went out at lunchtime yesterday and when I returned to my desk, on it was gift from Gillie and Ellen.  Their mom sadly passed away last week and they are busy sorting out and clearing up her flat.  In this "Tala Cook's Measure" was a lovely note from them.  They are right, it is perfect for my kitchen.  I love vintage tins and coloured glass and the colour and style is just perfect in my kitchen.

I did a bit of online investigating last night and these retro measures are very much in demand on e-bay (sorry for all of you, it is now mine). Tala have recently re-released the range and it is available at Argos in the UK (hint hint).  Etsy have some of the cookie cutters and cake tins for sale as well (pretty expensive though).

The flour sifter
and how nice are these ceramic bowls

Gillie, I believe Michael made a comment about me not being a great measurer?  Quite right. He is often horrified as to just how cavalier my attitude to cooking really is.  I hate using a scale and love it when recipes use cups as their first choice of measure. 

 New home for Edna's cook's measure
Anyone know where to buy groats?

This measuring cone now has a special place in my kitchen and although I did not know Edna I shall think of her and her lovely daughters whenever I use it.  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment