"let your boat of life be light, packed with only
what you need - a homely home and simple pleasures, someone to love and someone to love you,
enough to eat and enough to wear
and a little more than enough to drink:
for thirst is a dangerous thing"

Saturday 16 July 2011

10 simple things that have made me happy and it is not yet 9.30

1.  Getting up early this morning, putting on my warm and fluffy (and scruffy) gown, heading outside with a cup of tea and watching the full moon dip behind the Constantiaberg.  Everything so crisp and quiet.  Another wonderful day in Cape Town.



2.  Coming inside to see Michael chopping fruit for our breakfast fruit salad.  It is my job Monday to Friday but on weekends he takes control.  It is too funny to watch the precision and length of time it takes him to chop an apple and peel a papino.


3.  Nic had a sleepover last night.  Watching him walking down the passage trying to open his eyes and stretching.  Nothing has changed since he was 4 except he is now hairy and big.

Now on the couch

4.  Unpacking the dishwasher and marvelling at how shiny and sparkly my glasses are.  How did I never have a dishwasher until 4 years ago when I moved in with Michael.
5.  Standing back and looking at my now tidy kitchen which I love so much.  20 people for dinner last night and 10 or more of them in the kitchen at times during the evening.  At 11 last night it looked like it would never be the same again.  Gratitude to Dalene who is great at fussing around, tidying up and rearranging things (Where is the sugar bowl?)
6.   Opening the garage door and looking at Matthew's new car (which he took possession of last night).  A second hand Audi A3 in perfect condition.  Quite a milestone when your "baby" of 23 is all grown-up with expensive possessions (don't think of the debt, Jennifer).
7.   The beautiful white roses which Lesley and Waynne brought for me last night.
 8.   Now looking at the computer and reading the messages from my wonderful friends and "followers".  I did not ever think that I would get so much enjoyment out of converting the mess in my head into writing this blog.
9.  Looking at the calendar and realising that Kathy will be back next weekend from a 6 week working trip to the States.
10.  Reading a special sms from my mom, thanking me for supper and saying she loves me.  I love you so much too Mom.

I am now off to shower.  Downloading these pictures takes so long on this computer, I should change the time to 11.15

Amy (who is a mine of useless information) told me last night that the best thing ever is to take a Lindt ball chocolate, pop it whole inside your cheek, get into the shower and let the hot water hit your cheek and melt the Lindt ball.   I had better get to do this quickly as I have nearly finished the entire box waiting for these damn pictures.



Off to Lesley for lunch and drinks before heading off to Newlands to support Griquas.  Gareth and Hayley, Caroline, Dalene, Lesley, Nic, Amy and I are all going.  A drink or two at Kelvin afterwards? Matt will be sleeping at home tonight and he and Nic are heading back to Kimberley early tomorrow in the new vehicle.  Nic will bring back the Honda and our car problems will be over.  I love it when a plan comes together.

I told you it was going to be a good weekend.  Hopefully Matt will get some game time and I will report back later on the “Lindt Ball in Cheek” saga.  Sorry no pictures on this one!!


No comments:

Post a Comment