"let your boat of life be light, packed with only
what you need - a homely home and simple pleasures, someone to love and someone to love you,
enough to eat and enough to wear
and a little more than enough to drink:
for thirst is a dangerous thing"

Friday 15 July 2011

fun for a friday

Just before Aunty Norma sends out any red alerts looking for me today I thought I would just let you know that I am taking the day off.  What an absolutely stunning day in Cape Town.  It must be the first time that I can remember that I have had to water my garden in the dark in July but everything is so dry and I have just planted my favourite primulas on my pathway. 



I was very sad to have to pull out all the lavender but I needed a change and hopefully the light green "salt bush" (?) will grow and will give the pathway a bit of of a small hedge look. 

Today I am off with Lucie (daughter-in-law-to-be - ooops sister-in-law (thanks Christine)) and her mum who is out from Scotland.  We are going to see a caterer and then are going to see the venue for the wedding.  We have people coming to quote on tents and stuff so it is all very exciting.  After the inspection we are heading to Buitenverwagting for lunch and a wine tasting. Good times sourcing wines for the wedding.  The date is set 11.11.11 - a Friday which will make it a whole weekend of celebration.  Fun times ahead.

I have quite a few fun things in the bag and thought for today I would share the following two videos with you.  Anyone for yoga?





How cute is this one?

So expect a lot of news from me after this weekend. Matthew is arriving today and playing at Newlands tomorrow.  My brother-in-law is phoning our friend Theuns who works for WP rugby to ask him if we can buy a block of tickets from him.  A bit cheeky when we are all going to be shouting for Griquas!! I am having the whole family around for bobotie tonight with our new Scottish family.

Okay I am out of here.  Yeah!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment