"let your boat of life be light, packed with only
what you need - a homely home and simple pleasures, someone to love and someone to love you,
enough to eat and enough to wear
and a little more than enough to drink:
for thirst is a dangerous thing"

Thursday 29 November 2012

i'm still here....


I had this saved many moons ago when I had my old day job and was able to check Facebook and do a bit of pinning on Pinterest during the day.  I found it this morning and had to smile.

How suddenly things can change.  Sorry about the neglect, things have been really busy but I am feeling as though I am getting on top of things.  It is good though, our second email and price list went out yesterday and there has been a great response.  I am meeting great people, using tanks of petrol because I need to make the effort to meet all my new customers and thank them personally for their first orders.

A drive over the mountain to Camps Bay on the most perfect day on Monday was a highlight as were a couple of really nice big wine orders that have just rolled in.  Wines are being delivered every second day and the warehouse is nearly overflowing (lucky there is a little galley kitchen area for me to work from because there is certainly no space for a desk).  Any guilt about not going to gym has disappeared as I now help the drivers to pack and stack hundreds of cases of wine.  Luckily they are going out nearly as fast as they are being packed in

My lounge at home looks like a packaging plant with rafia and different boxes, wine and food products all over the dining room table.  Luckily the weather has been good so we are able to eat outdoors.  Our Christmas hampers are going to be a winner.  There is a premium one and a value hamper and a couple of excellent 2 bottle packs for gifts (just saying).

Look out for me in a month or two after the Christmas rush.  I will be the one sitting on a wine farm tasting perfectly chilled wine for our new wine list,  while making tasting notes on my laptop (and checking pictures on Pinterest in between).  Success indeed.

Time to run... I'll be back




No comments:

Post a Comment