"let your boat of life be light, packed with only
what you need - a homely home and simple pleasures, someone to love and someone to love you,
enough to eat and enough to wear
and a little more than enough to drink:
for thirst is a dangerous thing"

Thursday 15 November 2012

what makes a great day?

It was about 2 weeks ago that I walked around the garden and felt a tad disappointed that my plants and lawn were looking sickly and had obviously not enjoyed our rather cold and long winter.  Everything looked a bit droopy and sad, there were lots of "holes" and to be honest, I felt disheartened and exhausted just thinking of all the work involved in getting it back to life.

I should not have been afraid (or disheartened) -  it must have been a combination of the sun, some prolonged watering and good old "bounce back" because yesterday morning everything had done a complete turnaround.  I had a lovely watering session, sipped my tea and while I watered (and sang and thought) I started planning a garden party in my head.

Michael's worst the Silky Oak - now in full bloom
How can we cut down 2 such pretty trees, aliens or not?


 2 new Iceberg roses bought in Elgin
 From our front door -  I need to sell the idea to Michael of a "room in a roof"
What a waste of such a view!!
Maybe I should agree to have the Silky Oaks removed in exchange for a "room with a view"
or a deck
or a tree house in the Silky Oaks 
 Early morning sun
A busy day and a surprise posy of fresh flowers from Janetta's lovely garden

An evening tasting wines at the Kelvin Wine Tasting, some delicious sushi with Fay, coupled with the first orders for Wine Time arriving in my Inbox, it was an awesome day.

Roll on Summer!!






No comments:

Post a Comment