"let your boat of life be light, packed with only
what you need - a homely home and simple pleasures, someone to love and someone to love you,
enough to eat and enough to wear
and a little more than enough to drink:
for thirst is a dangerous thing"

Saturday 10 November 2012

quite deep for a sunny saturday morning...

I have been up since 5.30 this morning and have been working at top speed.  I have watered the garden (good thinking time), I have been putting the finishing touches to the first Wine Time newsletter (taking a bit longer than I hoped but quite a lot of technical stuff involved, which takes time), I have swept the courtyard, chilled the wine bottles and made the outside look pretty because it is a perfect day to take some wine pictures for the new website.

I am now back at my computer listening to music, checking emails and enjoying a cup of tea.  Next to me is a book I have just started reading and I am so, so tempted to head into the garden and read - maybe later.


Gareth sent me an amazing link to a song that came with a story.  It is one of the most haunting songs I have ever heard and it has slowed me down and put me in a more retrospective and mellow mood.  (Janet, I now have the perfect post for your Music Monday).  I have also been organising my computer and adding stuff from my desk at office to the home computer.  All very time consuming but very necessary.

Now while filing away stuff and looking through all the files I have labelled "ideas for blog posts", I came across these questions. From Marc and Angel Hack Life - there are 50 questions, but I have chosen only a couple that got me thinking:-

How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are?

29 - I always think that 29 is the right age for me.  I don't think I have changed that much since then (physically but not mentally) and I think I could cope with always being a 29 year old.


If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently?

I don't think I would change a thing but travel more - sell up everything and take off travelling with family and friends along the way.

Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton?

No question - Joyful will win every time - A joyful, simple life - who could ask for more?

Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones?

Not sure here - Probably new memories and living in the moment is far better than dwelling on the past but imagine never being able to remember your grandparents, your father, your best friend?

Do you remember that time 5 years ago when you were extremely upset?  Does it really matter now?

I often tell myself this.  Will this matter next month or next year?

Have you ever been with someone, said nothing, and walked away feeling like you just had the best conversation ever?


Often

If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit today?

What an awful thought.  Maybe empty the drug cabinet and be the first to go?

Would you be willing to reduce your life expectancy by 10 years to become extremely attractive or famous?

Nope

This has been a great week, that has flown past too quickly, there has been lots to do and lots to think about.  A bunch of birthdays, Tom and Rykie and Hayley and Kelly who share a birthday (Kelly turned 13 on Tuesday)


kind and wise 
unique and special
hectically energetic and incredibly talkative
that's our 13 year old
Happy Birthday Kelly 
 i hope there are always enough trees for you to climb






No comments:

Post a Comment