"let your boat of life be light, packed with only
what you need - a homely home and simple pleasures, someone to love and someone to love you,
enough to eat and enough to wear
and a little more than enough to drink:
for thirst is a dangerous thing"

Tuesday 20 November 2012

weekend shenanigans


A busy week and an even busier weekend.  Friday night we gathered in Kathy's courtyard for Kris's (her gorgeous, now nearly middle aged son) birthday.  So great to have time to sit and chat for a change.  The weekends have all been so busy lately that friendships have been neglected.

On Saturday we had a family wedding.  Robert Rosslee to Vicky Gwillian at a stunning venue in Melkbosstrand.  A relaxed lunchtime wedding ceremony on the beach - a gazebo and a spit braai lunch on the lawns looking at the sea and an intimate amount of people where you could spend time chatting to most of the people attending.
The Patriach - Bob (Samuel Robert Ogilive Rosslee)
(a legend)
(Picture Sally Bottger)
 The beach setting
Two Skabangers 
 Three Muskateers
 The newlyweds
 Awesome musicians who played background stuff all afternoon

Pretty flowergirls playing on the beach
(Picture Sally Bottger)

A very special day, special for me to spend catch up time with the Rosslee side of the family and have some quality time with my boys.  I was the driver and a little after the lunch I had all three of them checking that I was not drinking anymore wine while they drank cold beers like milkshakes.  We only left the wedding at about 11 and we had a long drive back belting out songs while Matthew was abused from the back because he was the DJ and kept putting the volume down.  They were very impressed with my knowledge of all "their" music on the CD shuttle system in the car.  This should be no surprise because we have had the car for nearly 6 years - Matthew put the 6 CD's in the shuttle the day the car entered the garage and they have not been changed since.  I don't know how to change them.  So I live with and now love Ryan Adams, Ben Harper, Jesse Malin and about another 3 CD's where I have no clue who is singing, but I know the words.

So the weekend is now tucked away in the memory bank.  It is back to work this week to get all my orders in order for delivery on Thursday.  This is such fun!

What a nice surprise I had late on Sunday night.  A mention on Gareth's blog.  It must have been my singing that impressed him!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment