"let your boat of life be light, packed with only
what you need - a homely home and simple pleasures, someone to love and someone to love you,
enough to eat and enough to wear
and a little more than enough to drink:
for thirst is a dangerous thing"

Thursday 12 July 2012

wimbledon wobble.....


What does the future King of England do when he is put in a spot?  He gives his Wimbledon final seat in the royal box to his sister-in-law, Pippa and heads for the surf.  All the press comments about William ditching Kate for the Wimbledon final had me smiling.

Read about it here.

We call this boogie boarding, not "surfing"

My first comment when we saw Kate arriving with her sister was "The future King does not want to be seen cheering for Federer at the final". I think I was right.  I favour all things British and now have close Scottish connections and relations but there is something about that chap that upsets me and DON'T let me get started on his mother.  OMW she should audition for "The Weakest Link"!!  Can you imagine being the future King and having to sit through that entire game pretending you liked Murray the Wet Fish and clapping and cheering for him?   Something I could not have been paid to do, so I too would also have headed for the beach or even gone fishing for a wet fish of my own (and I am not one for fishing).  Read about the Cornwall trip here

The press tugged even harder at the heartstrings when they reported that poor Kate was teary during Murray's speech and that her husband should have been there, at her side, to support her.  How ridiculous.  No going to watch Steel Magnolias without William for Kate.  I can't bear the cretin and I was in tears, for goodness sake.  My husband stared at me in disbelief and wonderment as to how someone who was jumping up and down for Federer 10 minutes earlier could now be crying along with Murray.  It was moving and I did feel slightly sorry for him (but even more so for his lovely girlfriend who will have to put up with him for the next year!!).   Well done on getting to the final Muzza.  Be thankful for that.  You didn't honestly think that you could beat Federer, did you?
They had reason to grimace
I love Boris
Sisters having fun
(Does she look like she is unhappy at being "ditched" by her husband?)
Does the miserable Posh even know how to have fun?
What is with her hand holding her chin all the time?

Just weird

Anyway it was truly a wonderful afternoon of tennis in front of the fire with champagne and strawberries (and chocolate sauce and pecan pie).  Thanks for that Caroline!  But even more than that....



Thank you Roger!!
Over and Out
"Why's that man crying Mummy?"


No comments:

Post a Comment