"let your boat of life be light, packed with only
what you need - a homely home and simple pleasures, someone to love and someone to love you,
enough to eat and enough to wear
and a little more than enough to drink:
for thirst is a dangerous thing"

Thursday 19 July 2012

my weekend begins....now...

No work for me tomorrow!!

It has been a busy week.  Children have returned home from working adventures.  Suppers with family and drinks with friends. I need a day off.  I have hair that needs some serious attention, Kathy is back home after her travels so lunch is booked (What is the weather going to do? Wet and cold = fire at Barristers or Forres, Dry (and warm or cold) = half price sushi at Salushi) and then to help Gareth and Hayley move into their new home.  Exciting times.

As I am not around tomorrow, I thought I would just share a few things from the week that I have enjoyed, that have made me smile and that are worth sharing.  I hope you agree.

Such beautiful calligraphy on this site.  It makes me want to invest in some new pens and inks and spend some time writing in the "old school" way again.
Don't you think these moving pictures are so clever?
and people are so clever to think of these things
ABC of ageing
Do you know what "Jettison" means - sorry I didn't



jet·ti·son   [jet-uh-suhn, -zuhn]  
verb (used with object)
1.
to cast (goods) overboard in order to lighten a vessel or aircraft or to improve its stability in an emergency.
2.
to throw off (something) as an obstacle or burden; discard.
3.
Cards . to discard (an unwanted card or cards)



Now I do


Something to dream about
Take a look here
I found this one on my computer
Kelly at her 3 year old Gremlin best

Free tomorrow?  Me thinks, Salushi is calling - rain or shine, wet or dry, cold or warm.






No comments:

Post a Comment