"let your boat of life be light, packed with only
what you need - a homely home and simple pleasures, someone to love and someone to love you,
enough to eat and enough to wear
and a little more than enough to drink:
for thirst is a dangerous thing"

Saturday 28 July 2012

i started the day with a giggle

and am now feeling pretty bleak about the Stormers losing to the Sharks, so I think I will share my giggle of the day with you (because you are probably also feeling the pain).  Nic arrived for breakfast this morning and showed me this snippet from Youtube which has gone viral.  I thought immediately of Caroline - who also loves cats (very much) and has quite a few of them (which I think is a bit crazy) but hells bells, Caroline is the most uncrazy cat lover in the world since I met Debbie.



Well she is famous now but I wonder how many guys are knocking on her door?

Michael's niece Janet is arriving in Cape Town tonight for a week, so I am thinking about making a cheesecake this evening for tomorrow.  However, my trip to the shops was a disaster as I left my list and the recipe behind so had to rely on memory.  I have forgotten about 4 of the ingredients and and true Jenny baking style will have to be inventive.  This is what it is supposed to look like....


Watch this space!!

But let me warn you.  It probably won't be round because my springform baking tin has gone all rusty from lack of use.  So I will do it in a square dish and it will be more like a fridge-cake cheesecake (then I don't have to worry about fussing with greasing the dish too well).  Then you can serve it as a pudding because you can dish it up with a spoon.

Alternatively, I can eat the chocolate, use the cream for dessert to serve with strawberries but then what do I do with the 2 containers of cream cheese?



1 comment:

  1. Whoooaaaa!!! This IS crazy. Thanks for clarifying that I am not in the same League, appreciated ;-)

    ReplyDelete