"let your boat of life be light, packed with only
what you need - a homely home and simple pleasures, someone to love and someone to love you,
enough to eat and enough to wear
and a little more than enough to drink:
for thirst is a dangerous thing"

Thursday 5 April 2012

first bits of camera fun

A little bit of experimenting on a Saturday morning gives me some pictures to share with you. I know you are also wondering why I am blogging from Noetzie.  I am not - there is no electricity in Noetzie but I was clever enough to "schedule" some postings to publish while I am away.  "What a thoughtful person you are, Jennifer".  "Thank you, I know".

Waiting for the sunrise at UCT on Thursday morning.  Too cloudy and
dark and then it started to rain

 Colin my brother-in-law is pretty smart.  He told me to change the zoom settings on the camera.  Which I did (on my own) and the pictures are much sharper.
 Entrance hall pictures (wrong setting) but you get the idea
 Now this I love - the setting where you pick one colour to be brought out.
 Clever hey?
I could even crop this favourite picture of mine so that you could not see my white Lady Di shoes
(scary canary).  How cute are those boys? 
 Another reason to wear a blue shirt.  A little less cute? Not really.
Amy and Kelly
Now this is proper cute
 The "Eye Collages" I was telling you about, Christine.  I cropped the pictures and cut out the eyes and mouths.  I have had to hide the pictures at the end of the passage.  There are girlfriends in the pictures that are no longer girlfriends but my point is that they were a part of our lives at that time and I cannot keep rearranging my pictures.  So these were the eyes and mouths of 2005 / 2006. 
 Amazing how difficult they are to identify whose eyes and mouths belong to who when they are separated
(Sorry there is a lot of reflection on these pictures)
I must get rid of the date
and perhaps start by using the auto format and not be too fancy

With love from me
to you
from Noetzie
(but not really)


No comments:

Post a Comment