"let your boat of life be light, packed with only
what you need - a homely home and simple pleasures, someone to love and someone to love you,
enough to eat and enough to wear
and a little more than enough to drink:
for thirst is a dangerous thing"

Thursday 28 June 2012

fireside tales....


Found this on Pinterest today and it made me smile.  I have been caught in a web of coincidences lately and this is another one for the pile.


On Saturday night at Rusty Gate the masses started making their way to the dormatories (yes, we slept in dorms) at around 12.30 to get ready for bed.  The fire was glowing and soon it was only Gareth and I left at the fireside.  We chatted (and chatted) and eventually it was also bedtime for the two of us.  Not because we had run out of things to chat about, or problems to solve, or because our eyelids were heavy but because the fire had gone out and we were cold (oh and our wine bottle was empty).

Only the next morning were we told that it was 4.30 when we got into bed (I made some noise looking for the light switch). Our icy bodies were not well received by our warm partners.  If I had known it was so late I would have insisted that we re-light the fire and wait for the sunrise.  We don't see enough sunrises.  Then I remembered a quote something along the lines of "being awake during a Sunday morning sunrise is a sign of a good Saturday night".

I really should start wearing a watch again.






Travel safely Gareth.  I hope you see plenty sunrises!!

No comments:

Post a Comment