"let your boat of life be light, packed with only
what you need - a homely home and simple pleasures, someone to love and someone to love you,
enough to eat and enough to wear
and a little more than enough to drink:
for thirst is a dangerous thing"

Thursday 18 August 2011

the rioter's prayer and stuff that has made me smile


Seems like the weeks these days go straight from Sunday night to Thursday (with little bits in between).  It is crazy.  It is Friday tomorrow and YEAH Matthew is starting for Griquas against the Bulls (This is my blog and I can brag if I want to).  It is on television as well which is great but as soon as I heard I did some online investigations into cheap flights on kulula.  You must have a look at the site and click on "Holiday Packages".  I could get a return flight to Johannesburg, a hire car, 2 nights at River Meadow Manor (which is in Irene and looks very fancy) all for R1 920-00 (not too shabby).  But I was dreaming.  I am inclined to be a bit delusional about things at times and actually it would be silly because I would not be able to find my way, I don't have one of those helmet things that you have to wear to be allowed into Loftus and Matthew probably has plans to catch up with all his mates after the match. (They will be celebrating their win after all).  So home early tomorrow to be in front of the TV at 5.

I have received some funny and clever emails this week, which I thought I would share:-


1.   This is brilliant:-

THE RIOTER'S PRAYER

Our father, who art in prison, my mum knows not his name,
Thy Riots come, read it in The Sun, in Birmingham, as it is in London,
Give us this day our welfare bread
and forgive us our looting, as we're happy to loot those who defend stuff against us,
lead us not into employment but deliver us free housing,
for Thine is the telly, the Burberry & the Barcardi,
forever and ever...
Innit!?!

2.   And it went well with this one from Nicky Schumann:-





3.   Michael really enjoyed this one:-



































(and it is Thursday and I am always also thirsty)


4.  I have been looking at so many wedding blogs for decoration ideas and stuff and have come across these beauties:-





What a start and a sure recipe for success!!

 Hysterical wedding pics (22 photos)
Too sweet

5.   How awesome is this?  Anyone know where is it?




6.  This one reminds me of Gareth when he was little asking for a "fork n knife"


7.   A couple of great cartoons from "The Rut" (best you don't click the link Mom and Aunty Norma)

family-guy.jpg



piglet.gif
Ooooh shame!!

And my favourite:-

turtle-divorce1.jpg


No comments:

Post a Comment