"let your boat of life be light, packed with only
what you need - a homely home and simple pleasures, someone to love and someone to love you,
enough to eat and enough to wear
and a little more than enough to drink:
for thirst is a dangerous thing"

Saturday 12 January 2013

postcards with an edge

Nic gave me these Postick "postcards" as a part of my Christmas present (actually I think I was supposed to pay him for them (but I don't think I did) and he did not ask, so it must be a present).  He has a friend Tatjana who started this business in a very novel way.  You can read all about it on her website.  Anyway after Christmas I decided to print out some photographs from our time away to give to my friend Cheryl who was on her way back to New Zealand.


I had a really lovely picture of Lorna (and a more serious Bruce) printed for them and decided to send them the photograph as a postcard.  How often don't you keep the pictures in an envelope waiting to give them to whoever and you never get it to them or when you do they are all crumpled, worn and outdated?  The postcard backing is a peel off sticker that you just stick onto the backside of the photograph and, there you have it, your own postcard.  Nic tells me that he uses it to send magazine articles or rugby programmes to friends overseas.




Yesterday I received a lovely message from Lorna thanking me for the postcard

Besides the stickers Tatjana also has other cards that she has made herself
My next postcard is to send to my mother. I found this picture in my treasure box taken of her
for a Reckitt & Colman advert in the late 50's, I think.
Hectic - Go Nanna!!!

Taking down the few Christmas decorations that I had put around my Yellowwood tree the other day, I found a present which was beautifully wrapped in a handmade Christmas stocking bag.  No card but I remembered that it was for me from Janetta.

What a thoughtful gift and how nice to find a surprise present hidden by yourself for yourself!!  Thanks Janetta.

This morning the boys decided it was time for a family breakfast and invited me along.  We headed off to The Alphen in Constantia and enjoyed a lovely breakfast and chat on the terrace.  A lovely start to the weekend but I wonder what the correct etiquette is?  If you are invited, do you pay?

Love this one
What does it mean when you send postcards to yourself?

I once sent myself a Valentine's Day card - but I will save that story for next month.






























No comments:

Post a Comment