"let your boat of life be light, packed with only
what you need - a homely home and simple pleasures, someone to love and someone to love you,
enough to eat and enough to wear
and a little more than enough to drink:
for thirst is a dangerous thing"

Monday 19 December 2011

a kiss is just a kiss

Or is it?

"I wasn't kissing her. I was whispering into her mouth." 
Chico Marx
"What of soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?" Robert Browning
"Were kisses all the joys in bed, One woman would another wed." William Shakespeare
"She kissed me, and my mouth wrote a poem of welcome to her lips." 
Ward Elliot Hour
"I ran up the door, opened the stairs, said my pyjamas and put on my prayers - turned off my bed, tumbled into my light, and all because he kissed me good-night!" 
Unknown


How can a kiss be just a kiss?  Saw quite an awesome kiss in the movie "New Year's Eve" on the weekend. 
I think it is worth going to see - plenty of "good to look at" characters, lots of story lines which all tie in at the end - all been done before but it was not too stale and being transported back to New York (even if only for 86 minutes) was well worth the R22 (thanks to Discovery Vitality) and also worth it for the kiss (actually maybe there were a couple of kisses but the one sucked you in a little bit more than the others) and for the amazing performance by Robert de Niro (a really small cameo part (most of them are in the movie) but he is a true master.  Going to the 5.30 show on a Saturday has it disadvantages.  I had a young girl of about 14 sitting next to me and she did not stop eating - lucky for her she was not a noisy eater but the hand in and out of the popcorn box was a bit distracting.  Lucky for her too she had her mother with her or I may have felt the need to ask her to move down a seat or two.  She however, was not as distracting as the whole row of teenage girls behind us who screeched every time Zac Efron appeared on screen.  Quite sweet really but I hope that they were not friends of Amy's because at one point I turned around to screech back at them "Please can you stop talking for 5 minutes!".  Wicked menopausal woman.

Your best on screen kiss? Mine has to be Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdam in the Notebook.  Oh my word a kiss in the rain (think that happened in Breakfast at Tiffany's too) or in the shower (Johnny Depp and Angelina, Jane Fonda had one too (forget the movie)).  Alright Gareth, this is a family blog, so before I get wrapped over the knuckles lets put it in the box (and seal it).  Here is the kiss again to remind you - wasn't it the most awesome movie?  I think it is time to watch it again.
And then you can't talk about kissing without this song:-
Where does Play it again, Sam come from?  Clearly it is "Play it, Sam".

If all this talk of  kissing has got you searching for your mistletoe and a place to hang it where you can get wet in the rain at the same time, you have to take a look at this clip:-
When a kiss is not a kiss?

Pinned Image
Wonder if John Maytham knows this one?



No comments:

Post a Comment