"let your boat of life be light, packed with only
what you need - a homely home and simple pleasures, someone to love and someone to love you,
enough to eat and enough to wear
and a little more than enough to drink:
for thirst is a dangerous thing"

Wednesday 7 December 2011

don't you just love christmas lights?

If I was not scared of being ridiculed by all my friends and family, I seriously would consider lighting up my house for Christmas (Michael however, is an energy saver and would probably plutz at the idea).  I just love fairy lights and Christmas decorations.
This may be a bit OTT 
But doesn't this one look great?  OMW, I could move straight in.  Fire burning and egg nog on tap!!  I can smell the nutmeg.....
Pinned Image

Starry, Starry Nights
This is a great idea, we may have to import the icicles but I have lots of battery operated lights so, just wait, my courtyard is going to be all lit up.  
Pinned Image
I want a double storey
Pinned Image
and a front door like this
But instead, I will take out my old shoe boxes full of mismatched decorations.  So many of them have a story especially the ones the boys made when they were at pre-school. There is also a squashed up paper chain that Matthew made that I have never thrown away.  The tree is a bit of a problem though, the stand has broken and no matter how hard we tried to prop it up last year, it stood at an angle.  Perhaps I will copy Dalene and spray paint a dead branch to decorate.

My long lead of Christmas lights are also a tangled mess.  This was the letter I received from Michael last year:-  
Hi Sweetheart,
 
I am sorry about getting into an argument about putting up the Christmas lights.
 
I guess that sometimes I feel like you are pushing me too hard when you want something.
 
I realize that I was wrong and I am apologizing for being such a hard-headed guy.
 
All I want is for you to be happy and be able to enjoy the holiday season.
 
Nothing brightens the Christmas spirit like Christmas lights!
 
I took the time to hang the lights for you today before I left for golf.
 
Again, I am very sorry for the silly way I acted yesterday.
 
I'll be home later.
 
Love 
Michael


No comments:

Post a Comment