"let your boat of life be light, packed with only
what you need - a homely home and simple pleasures, someone to love and someone to love you,
enough to eat and enough to wear
and a little more than enough to drink:
for thirst is a dangerous thing"

Wednesday 1 January 2014

lets start at the very beginning...

Happy New Year 

I am starting off the year on a good note with a blog post. I am surprised to see how many of you have stuck around and still read Just Stuff although sometimes weeks have gone by with not a peep from me.  I am going to be trying to be a more diligent blogger.

If I have any resolutions for 2014, this year I would....

like to spend more time writing and reading
keep up the walking and fitness - strong is the new thin, remember?
communicate better with faraway family and friends
and if I can't travel to new countries and places, pretend to be a tourist in Cape Town, explore our beautiful city and province, visit new places, take public transport, walk new routes and generally learn more about our country


On the subject of resolutions, some sensible stuff


some more creative stuff


and on a more practical note




Our house is now empty, the fridge is full and there are no boys to empty it. The coffee cups are in the cupboard and not on the floor next to the beds and the water bottles are filled and in the fridge. There is so much to be done around the house but I need to adjust to this new quietness.  It was hard saying goodbye to Nic and Matthew - it always is.  I am getting pretty good at putting things aside though and keep reminding myself that it is silly to get upset over things you cannot change, that this is an exciting time in both of their lives, that I am lucky to still have Gareth close by and that they will always come home and there will always be a bed for them. Best I change the sheets!!

It has been a good Christmas season and an emotional one. Lots of fun and laughter and also sad tears for the end of certain chapters in our lives and happy tears for new beginnings.

I hope that the new year is going to be good for all of us.


No comments:

Post a Comment