"let your boat of life be light, packed with only
what you need - a homely home and simple pleasures, someone to love and someone to love you,
enough to eat and enough to wear
and a little more than enough to drink:
for thirst is a dangerous thing"

Sunday 19 January 2014

bits and bobs

It has been a good and relatively quiet week for me although filled with admin and getting Albion Road cleared for the next lot of tenants.

On Tuesday I got myself an iPad Air - tired of being the only one without one and now that I have one, I am thinking that it is not too different from my iPhone, I cannot type that quickly on it (after one try at writing this blog on the iPad, I am now back at my computer) and I have a bit of buyers remorse that it is an extravagance.  But I have it, there are some wonderful apps that I have loaded and I must make the effort to make it work for me.  The camera is wonderful although I do agree with Gareth that you do look like a "chop" walking around taking pictures with an iPad.  So I made sure that I was on my own yesterday when I pranced around the garden taking pictures of my handiwork using an iPad as a camera.

My first pictures:-

 A beautiful posy waiting on my doorstep on Friday from Storm
She had returned the Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh to me
with the posy to say thank you

Hydrangea - Dispassion / Objectivity
Lisianthus - Appreciation
Olive - Peace

How did she know? Three qualities that I need for the coming week.  Storm has a gift with flowers and that is why I insisted she read the book.  I am not sure whether she made this posy for me with the meanings in mind - probably not - but I felt the need to look up the meaning of the flowers in the posy and they seemed spot on.

Here is the complete list for those who are inquisitive.  Read the book too if you have not, it is great.

 Bed cleared out, composted and changed around a bit
When I took this picture I thought of my art teacher who has a knack of capturing beautiful pictures on the ground.  
I am inclined to have my eyes
in the clouds and forget about the beauty on the ground

Then, just as I thought I was getting on top of things with the iPad there was this article doing the rounds of Facebook yesterday. I had to spend some time trying a couple of them.  Last night during my early morning wakeful hours, I managed to change the colour of the screen to black with white writing.  All very well not to disturb Michael with the light from the screen, but I will need to get new glasses as I cannot read the white print without straining my eyes. 

Taking a "selfie" with the earphones?  Just crazy.





A lovely new song


A quote for the week which together with
being objective, appreciative and full of peace could prove to
be quite a challenge

One can only try!!


No comments:

Post a Comment