"let your boat of life be light, packed with only
what you need - a homely home and simple pleasures, someone to love and someone to love you,
enough to eat and enough to wear
and a little more than enough to drink:
for thirst is a dangerous thing"

Friday 3 January 2014

home for the holidays

Holiday time...

A couple of early morning swims in the sea (thanks for the tip re Dalebrooke Ellen and Biddy - it is awesome);


up at 6.30 one morning and still watering the garden in PJ's at 11 the next morning; catching on to Twitter (but not tweeting) and stalking on Instagram (except I cannot enlarge the pictures - why Gareth?); loving taking pictures on my iPhone and have downloaded some great "apps";  starting to spring clean in different places and not finishing one job properly (oh how I miss Albertina and another 2 weeks to go!!);  taking decorations off the tree (I don't think I am going to pack the tree away though, it looks so good on our table)


time in the garden, nothing too energetic but loving the greenery 


and a splash of colour


finished reading two books in a week - The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh and my first Harlan Coben and thoroughly enjoyed it; 

which book next?;  afternoon sleeps and hot sleepless nights with cold showers at 4am; birthday parties, dinner parties - lots of wine; catching up on other blogs and enjoying holiday pictures of friends on Facebook

Staying home for the holidays is not a bad thing

Some other things to share:-

You must read and look at these photographs - so sad but too beautiful. 

Then read the original blog post by Ali's sister here.

This movie trailer looks pretty awesome.  Not sure when it is coming to South Africa though

and I wish these guys would come and sing and dance on my table - tonight!!




2 comments:

  1. I'm really looking forward to seeing Her. And I'd recommend One Day or Notes On A Scandal - very differebnt, but both excellent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies









    1. Thanks Janet - I have started One Day. I was thinking of you today cos I also found the Curtis Sittenfeld books I bought on your recommendation - loved Prep but never got around to reading the American Wife - so another one on the pile. xx Lots of love


      Delete