"let your boat of life be light, packed with only
what you need - a homely home and simple pleasures, someone to love and someone to love you,
enough to eat and enough to wear
and a little more than enough to drink:
for thirst is a dangerous thing"

Thursday 14 March 2013

my garden this evening...


It has been a long, hot and busy summer and I have neglected many things
friends, family,
my garden....

Yet they are forgiving
I have not spent time or money on my garden this summer but it has still surprised,
rewarded and given me so much pleasure
by growing abundantly, not asking for much
and being there for me when I needed it most

Just like the special people in my life
who understand and
who don't ask for much
and are there when I need them most

.........

These are not the clearest or the best pictures I have ever taken 
but I thought I would share 

 the Plectranthus which are in full bloom, many with scorched leaves but still flowering proudly
 the "Ice Cream Bushes" which are popping up on the other side of the wall and in the grass
a surprising burst of colour in my monochrome or two coloured world - not supposed to be there and last year would have been removed to the "naughty corner" for plants which were not white or purple, but for now I am thoroughly enjoying the defiance of  the vivid orange bloom 
 dusk and our amazing mountain silhouetted through the silky oak leaves

It was a wonderful evening in my garden tonight
with time to slow down, take stock and be grateful for the important things in life....
family, friends, health and the incredible beauty of the world from my doorstep

No comments:

Post a Comment