"let your boat of life be light, packed with only
what you need - a homely home and simple pleasures, someone to love and someone to love you,
enough to eat and enough to wear
and a little more than enough to drink:
for thirst is a dangerous thing"

Monday 10 December 2012

finding time to breathe and smile...


Life does not seem to be getting any less busy but it is all great fun and I am trying hard to fit everything in.  Hans arrives from Holland tonight and will be spending a couple of days in Cape Town.  Cheryl has arrived from New Zealand but I have not heard from her yet.  I posted numbers on Facebook and have been anxiously waiting for her call but she has obviously been hijacked, handcuffed and is in hiding with her family (who have also not seen her for years).  (Joshua my number is 0765081513 - if you need help!!) 

Nothing like expecting visitors to get you dusting, tidying up and throwing out.  Yesterday Matthew also decided to do some furniture removals and a major cupboard clearout so in between all that was going on we had to re-arrange furniture (and I had to retrieve all the perfectly good clothing he was "throwing" away).  I was not impressed at the time but it has all worked out well and things have found new places to live and his room is perfectly organised.  However, we still have wine packaging in the lounge, the garage is overflowing with empty boxes, wedding decorations and bags of Matthew's clothing.  I have people for dinner tomorrow night for Gareth's 30th birthday but nothing that a few deep breaths and quiet time making lists won't solve.

Cheryl who is coming to stay closer to Christmas comes from a long line of domestic goddesses.  Her drawers and cupboards are colour coded and I remember getting a lesson from her mother many years ago about how to do my washing.  Everytime I mix my colours, I have a little look upstairs to Jonsie and apologise.  She will be most impressed however, that ever since she looked at me in horror, I never put my dish towels in the washing machine with socks or underwear and save the dishtowels for the bedding and towels.  Quite a gross thought actually and something I had never thought of before she gave me "the look".

The weather in Cape Town is good, friends and family from afar are starting to arrive, wine orders are coming in steadily and there is plenty to smile about.  Breathe slowly Jennifer!!

Loved this.


No comments:

Post a Comment