"let your boat of life be light, packed with only
what you need - a homely home and simple pleasures, someone to love and someone to love you,
enough to eat and enough to wear
and a little more than enough to drink:
for thirst is a dangerous thing"

Friday 14 December 2012

can it get any hotter or busier?

Busy, fun, hot, stressed, sweaty, exhausted, not sleeping but energised - that has been my week. Times are crazy.  Gareth turned 30 on Monday and we had the family and godparents over.  It  does not take much and suddenly you have 25 for dinner.  Hans was visiting from Holland so it doubled up as time for him to see everyone.  

Hans spent the last three days being my travel companion, delivery assistant and packer.  I even had my first 2 difficult customers on one day.  One was grumpy because we could not find the house to deliver (How can you have a "crescent" which is like a road and a road with the same name (that is not marked) and both have a number 36?).  So that was two visits to Higgovale in two days.  Not a shabby place to be lost though.  Right up there below mountain and the cable car so we did not mind driving around and admiring the houses and the views.

Then a rather fussy customer who bullied me into changing the products in his hamper because he had increased the value by R50.  Hans looked on in amusement and then translated the conversation they had just had in Dutch.  I am going to have to toughen up a bit!!!

A quick preview of my week in pictures:-


Lunch at the Vineyard Hotel on Monday
(surprisingly reasonably priced for such a wonderful venue.  I had a caesar salad and Hans a thai chicken wrap with salad with 2 glasses of stunning wine wine, the bill was R220)
The only picture I took of Gareth's birthday
(no reading glasses, wrong camera setting and no Gareth - 1 / 10 Jennifer)
Tokara on Wednesday - 38 degrees in Stellenbosch
We had a wine and olive oil tasting before heading to Franschhoek over Helshoogte
Hans had never been to Franschhoek and was suitably impressed
Exploring Franschhoek
Then back to work.  Hans lugged lots of wine boxes and hampers around for me.  He was amused by my "office in a box" that travels everywhere with me (and gets heavier and heavier).
Mobile "Office in a Box"
"Step into my office for a minute please"
(no glasses, camera on wrong setting - 2/10 this time Jennifer)

Hans headed back to Holland last night.  Matthew cooked supper last night for his "sponsor", his wife and two delightful children.  The little boy Noah is 4 years old and is going to be a professional golfer.  He has already shot a 117 for 18 holes.  So last night was another late one.

Hamper orders have started coming in.  I was up at 5 this morning putting together some orders.

Hamper conveyor belt

I have not bought a present or unpacked the Christmas decorations.  More overseas visitors have arrived, Cape Town is more beautiful than I can ever remember and the place is humming.  I think I may have to start drinking Red Bull for breakfast!!

Have a great weekend - It is a long weekend for us.  Visitors to see, a wedding in Elgin and another party on Monday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment