"let your boat of life be light, packed with only
what you need - a homely home and simple pleasures, someone to love and someone to love you,
enough to eat and enough to wear
and a little more than enough to drink:
for thirst is a dangerous thing"

Wednesday 12 September 2012

the week so far...


On Monday evening Nic, Lesley and I went off to the early show of Searching for Sugarman.  I am always a bit nervous about full length documentaries but this was brilliantly done.  Cape Town features prominently and for any of us teenagers of the 70's it will bring back so much of our country's history of that time.  Nic has not done "ladies" movies with his mother for awhile.  His face was a picture when as we got seated out came the cooler carrier with a bottle of perfectly iced Sophie Terblanche Sauvignon Blanc (unfortunately drunk out of polystyrene cups), a packet of savoury biscuits, biltong and droewors.   Another of the beauties of an early show when there are only 10 people in the entire cinema. We sat back, sipped our juice and got swallowed up by the movie.



Last night the remaining ball of pasta dough in the fridge was starting worrying me (and changing colour a bit).  I had now been advised of how wrong my pasta making methods on Sunday were and I was keen to try again.  It could not have been easier.  I ended up with about 8 beautifully long thin sheets of pasta which fed in through the cutters beautifully.  So proud of these strips was I that I instructed Michael to call Jan and Ellen (who are off on holiday to the Kruger Park today) to come for a quick supper.  Nic also arrived and it was a quick in and out supper and catch up.  Nice.  So the pasta machine is now the "favourite toy of the day".

The visitors had left, Michael had some work to do and I decided to catch up on some blogging.  I spent about 2 hours on a post but it just did not read correctly and needed some changes.  A little bit of cutting and pasting a "do you want to save this - yes or no" - wrong button pressed and the whole lot was gone.  What a waste of time but I was not too fussed as it was probably "meant to be".

So that is about it from me for today. A found a whole lot of wonderful pictures of Jackie Kennedy Onassis, many of which I had not seen before, so here to share:-


One of the saddest photographs ever taken



After a little bit of nostalgia and sadness, Happy Hump Day - the sun is out so it has to be!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment