"let your boat of life be light, packed with only
what you need - a homely home and simple pleasures, someone to love and someone to love you,
enough to eat and enough to wear
and a little more than enough to drink:
for thirst is a dangerous thing"

Friday 26 April 2013

starting your day on the right foot


and then the left foot, is a great way to start.  I have been on a small fitness mission over the last two weeks and have been hitting the pavements, park and fields around where I live.  Not exactly very strenous and dramatic (and I probably should not speak about it, but I will).  I started with a "round the block" kind of thing, then increased it to a 45 minute walk, which is now up to an hour every morning (OK most mornings).  I am now lucky to have a fabulous walking partner which is great and so much easier to walk when you babble on in a breathless way.  

We have had the most perfect week of weather in Cape Town and it is hard to believe that it is autumn.  The temperatures have been in the high 20's and there has been no wind.  The mornings are so clear and the sun, although warm, has lost it's burn.

I took my camera along one morning this week.




This could have been an outstanding picture (if I had taken my glasses with me).  The dewdrops were hanging on to the roundabout and had I been able to change the setting, it would have been awesome (but you get the idea).
Oh it must be autumn.  My neighbour's vine from my kitchen window.  Who would have said?

No comments:

Post a Comment