"let your boat of life be light, packed with only
what you need - a homely home and simple pleasures, someone to love and someone to love you,
enough to eat and enough to wear
and a little more than enough to drink:
for thirst is a dangerous thing"

Monday 29 April 2013

letter from a bike thief

I just read this on www.messynessychic.com and thought it too good not to share.




How nice of her but I couple of things hit me straight between the eyes.  How to "gut straight white girl wasted"  OK "gut" is supposed to be"got" but I have never heard the expression "straight white girl wasted". Do straight white girls get differently wasted to lesbian black girls?  I quite like the expression and it is a pity I am no longer a "girl".  I would love to be able to drop into a conversation - "Hells Bells, I was seriously straight white girl wasted last night".  Not really age appropriate anymore.  I know there are so many words for getting drunk -  inebriated, hammered, plastered,.wrecked, smashed, whacked, bombed, tanked, totalled, tipsy, buzzed, blasted, sloshed, annihilated, laced, juiced, slammed, trashed, loaded (want me to go on?) (There are apparently over 365 words for getting drunk).

Anyway back to the letter.  I still write using small letters from time to time (trying to get out of the habit because I know it bothers many), but I was told never to trust someone who mixes their capitals and small letters in their handwriting - eg. "too broke to afford A cab".  The most worrying thing however is that she has just graduated from university and cannot spell "thief".  Deary me.  At least she has a conscience and can remember where she stole the bicycle from.  

Well done you drunk little theif you!!




No comments:

Post a Comment