"let your boat of life be light, packed with only
what you need - a homely home and simple pleasures, someone to love and someone to love you,
enough to eat and enough to wear
and a little more than enough to drink:
for thirst is a dangerous thing"

Monday 12 May 2014

wacky weekend

Every picture tells a story.  A couple of busy days - trying to fit in three celebrations into one afternoon proved a little difficult, but I did it.  Missed out on the fourth though - Kitchen Karnage at Kathy (maybe not a bad thing as I was a whole lot stronger than the rest of the gang yesterday).  

Good times and pictures too good not to share.

Birthday girl at Barristers (The first session before things got messy)
I await pictures of the rest

Then off to a High Tea in the most perfect setting...


plenty cupcakes...

Actually, plenty of cakes, pops, sandwiches and tarts (a chocolate salted caramel tart that is still on my mind)...


the magnificent birthday cake...


the wise birthday girl's wonderful choice of champagne (available from the equally wonderful company called Wine Time)


and there were more roses and more cake pops

and much more...So sorry not to have taken pictures of the "savoury" table but I did not spend much time there.

Then Mother's Day celebrations yesterday

The mother and matriach, her children and a scarf to match the begonias

"No favourites!!"

My walking friend is away at the moment but luckily I have Alfie for company (not quite as talkative but also pretty entertaining). I have been driving Nic through to town for lectures early in the morning and on the way I "dognap" my new best friend. Today I needed some hills, so we did a neighbourhood walk around the Oranjezicht / Vredehoek / Higgovale (never know exactly where each suburbs starts and ends)

Autumn at it's best
Nearly at the top of the hill
Almost as well co-ordinated as my mother's scarf and the begonias
City coming to life
Gardens to delight
A stately Herbert Baker

next door to concrete, glass and steel
and a welcoming red door

A lovely adventure and so good to explore a new neighbourhood

Dog tired



No comments:

Post a Comment